It’s nice to meet you!
11 things you (probably) didn’t know about Blinc Innovation.
1. Who are we
Connect…Blinc Innovation runs a programme of events to extend thinking around what agriculture could look like in the future.
Collaborate…The Workshop is located in the heart of agri science, research and innovation at Lincoln. It is a place where small businesses can base themselves permanently, drop in occasionally or book the meeting and workshop areas.
Innovate…We design and pull together the right team to solve agri challenges through science and research.
2. Let’s address the elephant in the room next. We are about Agribusiness Innovation and not about the Lincoln University and AgResearch new facility – now known as the LUAgR Joint Facility. We have our own new space, Blinc Workshop, which is already open. Blinc Innovation was indeed originally called Lincoln Hub, however, we re-branded in June 2018. The LUAgR Joint Facility is going ahead but is unrelated to our work at Blinc.
3. Our name, Blinc (pronounced bee-link) grounds us to the place of agriculture Lincoln, where we are based, as well as that we are a “linc” for innovation.
4. We are neutral facilitators and connectors in agribusiness, looking to drive innovation and create a better future for Canterbury, Aotearoa, New Zealand, and the world.
5. Our gifted Māori name, He Puna Karikari, translates to “a spring source” and represents the wealth of knowledge and cultivation of ideas to serve future generations. It is a metaphor for exploration, cultivation and leadership.
6. Our design workshops allow us to pull together the right team to solve agribusiness challenges through science and research – have a problem you’re struggling with? Let us work with you to ensure you are framing the right problem – we bring new and different perspectives and use our network to help you solve it. We can work with you to design your program and if it is complex with many players support you manage it.
7. Blinc Workshop is located on the Lincoln University campus and although the University is one of our five shareholders, we are an independent organisation.
8. Looking for a space to work and connected to Agribusiness join our coworking space at the Workshop. Are you a freelancer or just need a meeting room or space for your next event? We’ve got you covered.
9. Our Events consist of five separate series: Innovation Series, Vibe, New Wave, The Big Challenge and Cultivate. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss out on these FREE events. You can find out more about our events on our website.
10. We are a team of four and our Office Manager, Katie Browning, is currently away on maternity leave. We leverage our wider networked community to drive outcomes.